An analysis of driving data finds that Los Angeles' electric vehicle drivers travel farther and charge more often in public and at off-peak hours.The growing number of electric vehicle drivers in Los Angeles are behaving differently from the national norm. Not only are EV drivers in L.A. traveling farther than those in other cities, but they charge their vehicles more often at public locations and are more likely to charge at night to obtain less expensive electricity rates, according to Ecotality in San Francisco.
- New online mechanism for electric vehicle chargingThu, 5 May 2011, 13:37:49 EDT
- More evidence suggests electric cars need night time chargingTue, 19 Apr 2011, 1:32:27 EDT
- Researchers develop new way to determine amount of charge remaining in batteryTue, 9 Oct 2012, 10:37:45 EDT
- Elderly drivers have higher crash rates in non problematic environments than other driversWed, 23 Feb 2011, 10:03:58 EST
- Fatal crashes in the US: Fewer Canadian drivers under the influenceTue, 18 Oct 2011, 12:36:21 EDT