The root of the problem at the nuclear plant is still a mystery. A key issue is whether Edison or ratepayers will have to cover the cost of replacement power.On Jan. 31, alarms alerted the control room at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station that a radiation leak was occurring in one of the nearly 39,000 tubes that carry radioactive water in the steam generators.
- Scientists assess radioactivity in the ocean from Japan nuclear power facilityFri, 9 Dec 2011, 20:36:31 EST
- Rebalancing the nuclear debate through educationFri, 9 Sep 2011, 23:33:31 EDT
- Discovery of the secrets that enable plants near Chernobyl to shrug off radiationWed, 15 Sep 2010, 13:29:46 EDT
- Discovery of the secrets that enable plants near Chernobyl to shrug off radiationWed, 8 Dec 2010, 12:10:11 EST
- First quantitative measure of radiation leaked from Fukushima reactorMon, 15 Aug 2011, 17:34:24 EDT