California has ordered homeowners along some of Orange County's most coveted coastline to rip out the landscaping, sprinklers and other upgrades that have crept steadily seaward.On the tip of Balboa Peninsula, where multimillion-dollar homes sit snug against the sand and the legendary waves draw crowds of bodysurfers, an unlikely battle is taking shape.
- Fecal microorganisms inhabit sandy beaches of FloridaTue, 13 May 2008, 10:39:13 EDT
- Santa Fe homeowners weigh in on landscape preferencesMon, 20 Sep 2010, 21:24:08 EDT
- New insights into when beach sand may become unsafe for digging and other contactWed, 11 Apr 2012, 13:37:15 EDT
- What science says about beach sand and stomach achesTue, 11 Aug 2009, 9:51:46 EDT
- Saving sand: South Carolina beaches become a model for preservationFri, 23 Oct 2009, 15:00:45 EDT