Sunday, May 6, 2012 - 00:00 in Earth & Climate
Conditions that one climatologist calls La Nada are forecast. Such years can coincide with extreme rain or extreme dryness.La Niña, the demon diva of drought, has ended, but what comes next could be even more foreboding: La Nada.
- Extreme weather postpones the flowering time of plantsWed, 5 Nov 2008, 10:22:17 EST
- Extreme weather threatens rich ecosystems Fri, 30 Mar 2012, 12:36:19 EDT
- Extreme weather events can unleash a 'perfect storm' of infectious diseases, research study saysTue, 24 Jun 2008, 20:28:25 EDT
- Columbia Engineering team makes major step in improving forecasts of weather extremesSun, 5 Jun 2011, 15:34:51 EDT
- Pakistan floods last summer could have been predictedMon, 31 Jan 2011, 17:20:34 EST