Southern California Edison says the plant may have to run at a reduced capacity forever. The plant was shut down three months ago because steam generator tubes began leaking radioactive steam.The problems at the San Onofre nuclear power plant are serious enough that the facility will not be able to operate at full capacity when it reopens, perhaps as early as June.
- Scientists assess radioactivity in the ocean from Japan nuclear power facilityFri, 9 Dec 2011, 20:36:31 EST
- Hybrid power plants can help industry go greenThu, 3 Nov 2011, 20:35:39 EDT
- Discovery of the secrets that enable plants near Chernobyl to shrug off radiationWed, 15 Sep 2010, 13:29:46 EDT
- Discovery of the secrets that enable plants near Chernobyl to shrug off radiationWed, 8 Dec 2010, 12:10:11 EST
- Exotic plant takes over dunes of Southern SpainMon, 29 Mar 2010, 11:58:31 EDT