Callenbach in 1975 wrote the cult favorite about a utopian world in which food is locally grown and energy comes from the sun.Ernest "Chick" Callenbach, a film scholar and environmentalist who created a cult favorite in "Ecotopia," a 1975 novel that predicted with uncanny accuracy a world where recycling is commonplace, food is locally grown and energy comes from the sun, died April 16 in Berkeley. He was 83.
- Availability of local food key to improving food securityMon, 9 May 2011, 13:03:24 EDT
- Sustainably grown garlicTue, 3 Nov 2009, 16:12:01 EST
- Consumers willing to pay more for locally grown applesMon, 20 Sep 2010, 16:49:59 EDT
- Consumers choose locally grown and environmentally friendly applesMon, 23 Nov 2009, 15:24:12 EST
- New electrolytic cells to play a role in tomorrow's local energy supplyTue, 27 Apr 2010, 9:38:05 EDT