Oil companies are touting the controversial hydraulic fracturing method of extraction as a potential key to tapping previously unreachable deposits in California. Environmentalists are concerned.Reporting from Goleta, Calif. -- Gov. Jerry Brown said Friday that he was taking a closer look at a controversial method of oil extraction known as hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking," as he seeks to help California maintain its role as one of the country's top crude producers.
- 'Fracking' mobilizes uranium in marcellus shaleMon, 25 Oct 2010, 16:53:45 EDT
- Analysis of fracking wastewater yields some surprisesTue, 22 Jan 2013, 16:07:44 EST
- University of Texas faculty bring science and policy to hydraulic fracturing debateThu, 21 Jul 2011, 16:39:51 EDT
- Fracture prediction methods may be useful for patients with diabetesTue, 31 May 2011, 16:35:16 EDT
- 'Green' chemistry extraction method developed for hot capsicum fruitTue, 18 Jan 2011, 10:35:43 EST