An enhanced 1937 photo may show her plane's landing gear off a Pacific island, and searchers will head to the site to look for wreckage.— A new clue in one of the 20th century's enduring mysteries could uncover the fate of American aviator Amelia Earhart, who vanished without a trace over the South Pacific 75 years ago, investigators said Tuesday.
- Tropical Storm Oli kicking up waves in south PacificTue, 2 Feb 2010, 13:19:43 EST
- Mutant rats offer clues to medical mysteryTue, 17 Feb 2009, 14:09:10 EST
- Raft or bridge: How did iguanas reach tiny Pacific islands?Mon, 11 Jan 2010, 15:50:23 EST
- New clues to the Falklands wolf mysteryMon, 2 Nov 2009, 12:44:13 EST
- Pacific islands may become refuge for corals in a warming climate, study findsSun, 29 Apr 2012, 20:31:48 EDT