People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals protested to officials that a property owner in eastern San Diego County was allowing a contractor to use pigs on his land in training Marine and Navy corpsmen.A property owner in rural eastern San Diego County can continue allowing a private contractor to use pigs for "live tissue" training to help teach Marines and Navy corpsmen how to treat combat wounds, county land use officials have ruled.
- Study confirms prostate cancer is treated differently at county vs. private hospitalsMon, 25 Jan 2010, 0:29:50 EST
- 5 US urban counties lead 'Terror Hot Spots' list, but rural areas not exemptTue, 31 Jan 2012, 14:34:54 EST
- US counties with more African-American patients may have fewer colorectal cancer specialistsMon, 15 Jun 2009, 16:57:59 EDT
- Mosasaur fossil at Natural History Museum of L.A. County re-explores 85-million-year-old sea monsterTue, 10 Aug 2010, 11:23:45 EDT
- Erie County home to plant never before recorded in Pa.Fri, 25 Sep 2009, 17:35:29 EDT