Of the 75 shark attacks around the globe in 2011, a dozen were fatal, up from six the year before, according to the annual report by the International Shark Attack File. The U.S. had 29 shark attacks but no deaths.Shark attacks continued to decline in the United States last year, but worldwide fatalities doubled, jumping to their highest level since 1993, according to a report released Tuesday.
- UF report: 2011 shark attacks remain steady, deaths highest since 1993Tue, 7 Feb 2012, 15:34:46 EST
- University of Florida reports 2012 US shark attacks highest since 2000Tue, 12 Feb 2013, 5:02:56 EST
- Shark attacks decline worldwide in midst of economic recessionThu, 19 Feb 2009, 12:09:33 EST
- New analysis confirms sharks are in troubleThu, 29 Sep 2011, 11:36:26 EDT
- New forensic technique gives clues about sharks from bite damageTue, 1 Dec 2009, 11:24:51 EST