The California Energy Commission votes to approve efficiency standards designed to cut energy use by 'vampire' charging systems that waste as much as 60% of the electricity they consume.California's cellphones, tablet computers, power tools and hundreds of other portable electronic devices will be required to have energy-stingy battery chargers beginning next year.
- UC San Diego's GreenLight Project to improve energy efficiency of computingTue, 29 Jul 2008, 12:00:43 EDT
- New 167-processor chip is super-fast, ultra energy-efficientWed, 22 Apr 2009, 9:43:39 EDT
- Researchers develop method to examine batteries -- from the insideSun, 12 Feb 2012, 20:31:39 EST
- Batteries charge quickly and retain capacity, thanks to new structureSun, 20 Mar 2011, 15:32:12 EDT
- Human gait could soon power portable electronicsTue, 23 Aug 2011, 13:32:33 EDT