Federal energy legislation passed in 2007 phases out incandescent light bulbs starting next year. The GOP has made the rules a symbol of regulatory excess.The House Republican majority moved Friday to keep old-style incandescent light bulbs around a bit longer, voting to block enforcement of new lighting efficiency rules and setting up a high-wattage fight with the Democratic-controlled Senate.
- Regular light bulbs made super-efficient with ultra-fast laserFri, 29 May 2009, 13:22:09 EDT
- Light bulb phase-out offers new role for unsung heroes of electronics revolutionWed, 13 Jul 2011, 10:09:13 EDT
- Freeing light shines promise on energy-efficient lightingTue, 15 Jul 2008, 12:14:24 EDT
- LED efficiency puzzle solved by UC Santa Barbara theoristsTue, 19 Apr 2011, 16:51:38 EDT
- Advance brings low-cost, bright LED lighting closer to realityThu, 17 Jul 2008, 12:14:49 EDT