American Organics is dealing with concerns that the domoic acid found in the 175 tons of fish could contaminate the firm's mulch. But its general manager says the toxin should degrade and disappear during composting.Even after they were scooped from waters off Redondo Beach, trucked across the city, hauled over the mountains and unloaded in the Mojave Desert 100 miles away, those dead sardines are still causing headaches.
- Organic weed control options for highbush blueberryWed, 4 Nov 2009, 16:10:15 EST
- Sardines and horse mackerel identified using forensic techniquesTue, 24 May 2011, 13:34:25 EDT
- Predictions of climate impacts on fisheries can be a mirageTue, 26 Mar 2013, 0:03:29 EDT
- Small fish exploits forbidding environmentThu, 15 Jul 2010, 14:25:28 EDT
- Compostable plastics have a sweet endingWed, 17 Feb 2010, 14:24:37 EST