The world has seen a surge of nuclear reactor projects recently, and President Obama has made a push for nuclear power. But the crisis at the Fukushima No. 1 (Daiichi) nuclear plant may abruptly halt those efforts.The nuclear crisis in Japan, even if authorities are able to bring damaged reactors under control, has cast doubts on the future of nuclear power as a clean-energy solution in the United States and around the globe.
- Is nuclear power fair for future generations?Thu, 5 May 2011, 10:38:23 EDT
- Scientists call for a global nuclear renaissance in new studyThu, 12 Aug 2010, 14:23:54 EDT
- A French nuclear exit?Mon, 7 Jan 2013, 14:03:38 EST
- How seawater could corrode nuclear fuelThu, 26 Jan 2012, 16:35:53 EST
- Nuclear waste requires cradle-to-grave strategyFri, 1 Jul 2011, 5:22:34 EDT