Unusually large numbers of the gigantic creatures off the Southern California coast are a boon for charter boat operators. A biologist believes the cetaceans are following vast clouds of krill.Unusually large numbers of blue whales dining off the Southern California coast are providing marine mammal enthusiasts a rare opportunity to see Earth's largest creatures lolling in the waves and spouting misty plumes.
- NOAA researchers: Blue whales re-establishing former migration patternsMon, 11 May 2009, 14:15:17 EDT
- Preserving 4 percent of the ocean could protect most marine mammal species, study findsMon, 29 Aug 2011, 20:32:39 EDT
- New, higher estimates of endangered humpback whales in the North PacificTue, 18 Oct 2011, 14:34:19 EDT
- New study analyzes the risk to endangered whales from ships in southern CaliforniaMon, 25 Mar 2013, 22:02:10 EDT
- Sea surface temperatures reach record highs on Northeast continental shelfTue, 18 Sep 2012, 13:33:36 EDT