Federal and BP officials scramble to prepare for a possible hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico. Their plan involves pulling all equipment and halting all containment efforts. Federal officials Friday scrambled to get ready for the possibility that a tropical storm in the Gulf of Mexico could shut down containment operations at BP's leaking well and wash large quantities of oil ashore.
- Tropical Storm Alex now in Gulf of Mexico, brought heavy rainfall to Belize, YucatanMon, 28 Jun 2010, 13:57:10 EDT
- NASA satellites and aircraft studied Hurricane Karl before it fadedMon, 20 Sep 2010, 15:07:46 EDT
- Gulf oil spill: Mississippi River hydrology may help reduce oil onshoreThu, 17 Jun 2010, 12:11:27 EDT
- NASA eyes Karl, now a hurricane in the Gulf of MexicoThu, 16 Sep 2010, 14:57:38 EDT
- GOES-13 sees a weaker Hurricane Julia in the 'tropical trio'Thu, 16 Sep 2010, 14:50:52 EDT