The justices will decide whether the constitution empowers inmates to obtain testing of old evidence that might free them. The case is from Alaska, one of six states that do not give that right. The Supreme Court agreed Monday to decide whether prison inmates have a constitutional right to obtain the testing of old DNA evidence that might set them free.
- Looming high court ruling could taint justice, legal expert saysWed, 13 Jan 2010, 18:09:37 EST
- Reforms needed for compassionate release of prison inmates Thu, 2 Jun 2011, 14:03:03 EDT
- Study: Ads attacking Supreme Court nominees damage public support of high courtTue, 16 Jun 2009, 12:25:02 EDT
- Prison punishes more people than just the inmatesWed, 22 Apr 2009, 10:00:47 EDT
- Study shows judges' backgrounds matter in high court selectionMon, 18 May 2009, 17:51:12 EDT