Palm oil plantations are encroaching on rain forest reserves on the Indonesia island of Borneo, where the endangered primates live. In the rush to feed the world's growing appetite for climate-friendly fuel and cooking oil that doesn't clog arteries, the Bornean orangutan could get plowed over.
- Genome analysis outlines variations in orangutans of Borneo, SumatraWed, 26 Jan 2011, 13:44:06 EST
- Saving the wild orchids of BorneoThu, 17 Jul 2008, 11:23:37 EDT
- Orangutan DNA more diverse than human's, remarkably stable through the agesWed, 26 Jan 2011, 13:44:14 EST
- Scientists determine what makes an orangutan an orangutanThu, 27 Jan 2011, 12:23:31 EST
- Great Ape Trust's Wich lead author of Oryx paper on continuing orangutan population declinesSat, 5 Jul 2008, 3:49:28 EDT