The mathematicians have discovered the first verified Mersenne prime number with more than 10 million digits, putting them in line to claim a six-digit prize from the Electronic Frontier Foundation. UCLA mathematicians appear to have won the $100,000 prize from the Electronic Frontier Foundation for discovering the first verified Mersenne prime number with more than 10 million digits.
- UCSB researchers demonstrate that 15=3x5 about half of the timeSun, 19 Aug 2012, 16:34:37 EDT
- New record in the area of prime number decomposition of cryptographically important numbersFri, 8 Jan 2010, 3:49:33 EST
- A trillion trianglesTue, 22 Sep 2009, 1:57:25 EDT
- UCLA team creates virtual library of medieval manuscriptsTue, 10 Feb 2009, 13:56:48 EST
- New math theories reveal the nature of numbersThu, 20 Jan 2011, 10:11:37 EST