Lawanda Jackson, who has since resigned after admitting to peeking at the hospital records of stars, was indicted by a federal grand jury on a charge of obtaining identifiable health data for profit. A former administrative specialist at UCLA Medical Center has been indicted by a federal grand jury for allegedly selling information to the media from medical records of celebrity patients, according to a document unsealed Tuesday.
- Electronic medical records speed genetic health studiesWed, 20 Apr 2011, 14:36:07 EDT
- Speed electronic medical record adoption via key medical centers, says Management ScienceFri, 13 Aug 2010, 11:49:54 EDT
- Trauma deaths decline at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center after King-Drew Medical Center's closureWed, 22 Oct 2008, 9:56:43 EDT
- Patients reveal willingness to trade hands-on medical care for computer consultationsMon, 18 May 2009, 10:43:19 EDT
- Researchers identify potential patient safety risks among methadone maintenance treatment patientsWed, 8 Jul 2009, 11:51:51 EDT