A splashdown in the ocean used to mark the end of an astronaut’s mission. For ESA astronaut Timothy Peake and his crewmates, their mission will have just started. Today, some time during 11:00–13:00 GMT, Tim will dive to an underwater base off the coast of Florida.
- 8-day undersea mission begins experiment to improve coral reef restorationFri, 13 Jun 2008, 18:28:47 EDT
- Why astronauts experience low blood pressure after returning to Earth from spaceThu, 25 Oct 2012, 14:08:45 EDT
- Atlantic hurricane season sticks to the calendar: System 93LWed, 1 Jun 2011, 15:02:47 EDT
- Study in underwater laboratory may help manage seaweed-eating fish that protect coralFri, 16 Sep 2011, 14:36:16 EDT
- Tropical Storm Magda puts North Western Australian on alertThu, 21 Jan 2010, 16:36:54 EST