For people with hypertension, eating dark chocolate can significantly reduce blood pressure. Researchers writing in the open access journal BMC Medicine combined the results of 15 studies into the effects of flavanols, the compounds in chocolate which cause dilation of blood vessels, on blood pressure.
- Dark chocolate lowers blood pressureMon, 28 Jun 2010, 10:15:11 EDT
- Study shows chocolate reduces blood pressure and risk of heart diseaseTue, 30 Mar 2010, 9:08:37 EDT
- Computer-based phone calls raise awareness, control of blood pressureTue, 5 May 2009, 16:24:03 EDT
- Study shows potential benefit of dark chocolate for liver disease patientsThu, 15 Apr 2010, 11:31:12 EDT
- Double duty: Loss of protective heart failure protein causes high blood pressureMon, 5 May 2008, 15:49:57 EDT