Sometimes known as "nature's origami", the way that proteins fold is vital to ensuring they function correctly. But researchers at the University of Leeds have discovered this is a 'hit and miss' process, with proteins potentially folding wrongly many times before they form the correct structure for their intended purpose.
- Unfolding 'nature's origami'Mon, 2 Mar 2009, 10:27:04 EST
- Researchers reveal insights into hidden world of protein foldingWed, 11 Jun 2008, 17:09:23 EDT
- Unprecedented view of protein folding may help develop brain disease therapiesTue, 15 Mar 2011, 14:34:48 EDT
- Correct protein foldingFri, 24 Feb 2012, 15:34:12 EST
- Printed origami offers new technique for complex structuesWed, 14 Apr 2010, 5:51:01 EDT