Scientists have discovered that a bone infection is caused by a newly described species of bacteria that is related to the tuberculosis pathogen. The discovery may help improve the diagnosis and treatment of similar infections, according to an article published in the October issue of the International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology.
- Scientists discover bacteria that can cause bone infectionsFri, 17 Oct 2008, 11:10:07 EDT
- Serious disease in pet lizards caused by new bacteriaThu, 18 Sep 2008, 22:14:54 EDT
- New bacterial species found in human mouthSun, 10 Aug 2008, 19:21:21 EDT
- Mimic molecules to protect against plagueFri, 4 Jul 2008, 5:42:42 EDT
- Interrupting death messages to treat bone diseaseMon, 6 Sep 2010, 22:24:57 EDT