New exquisitely preserved fossils from Latvia cast light on a key event in our own evolutionary history, when our ancestors left the water and ventured onto land. Swedish researchers Per Ahlberg and Henning Blom from Uppsala University have reconstructed parts of the animal and explain the transformation in the new issue of Nature.
- Closing the gap between fish and land animalsWed, 25 Jun 2008, 20:07:36 EDT
- Fossil footprints give land vertebrates a much longer historyThu, 7 Jan 2010, 9:25:21 EST
- New study reveals details of evolutionary transition from fish to land animalsWed, 15 Oct 2008, 13:38:37 EDT
- Details of evolutionary transition from fish to land animals revealedWed, 15 Oct 2008, 14:22:28 EDT
- The life histories of the earliest land animalsMon, 20 Apr 2009, 11:46:38 EDT