This meta-analysis, published in the latest issue of Nature Genetics, is based on data from more than 26,000 study participants. It verifies two already known genes, but also discovered ten new genes. Altogether they explain a difference in body size of about 3.5 centimeters.
- Ironing out the genetic cause of hemoglobin problemsSun, 11 Oct 2009, 14:37:27 EDT
- Obesity genes revealedSun, 10 Aug 2008, 22:21:35 EDT
- Genes link puberty timing and body fat in womenSun, 21 Nov 2010, 14:02:54 EST
- Global research effort leads to new findings on genes and obesityTue, 12 Oct 2010, 11:07:28 EDT
- Large meta-analysis finds new genes for type 1 diabetesThu, 29 Sep 2011, 18:39:33 EDT