WASHINGTON (AP) -- Can a plague of beetles change the weather? That's one question researchers hope to answer in a four-year research program in Western forests that are being infested by pine mountain beetles, leading to the deaths of great swathes of trees....
- NASA satellites reveal surprising connection between beetle attacks, wildfireWed, 8 Sep 2010, 17:09:06 EDT
- Pine bark beetles affecting more than forestsWed, 24 Sep 2008, 14:35:58 EDT
- International Field Campaign examines impact of beetle kill on Rocky Mountain weather, air qualityWed, 24 Sep 2008, 11:30:49 EDT
- Risk of beetle outbreaks rise, along with temperature, in the warming WestWed, 8 Sep 2010, 17:09:05 EDT
- Mountain pine beetle activity may impact snow accumulation and melt, says CU-Boulder studyWed, 8 Jun 2011, 14:38:48 EDT