Monday, May 12, 2008 - 17:07 in Biology & Nature
NEW YORK (AP) -- News that scientists have for the first time genetically altered a human embryo is drawing fire from some watchdog groups that say it's a step toward creating "designer babies."...
- New test can detect both genetic and chromosomal abnormalities in embryosTue, 30 Jun 2009, 9:38:19 EDT
- Should embryos with a hereditary disorder be transferred if no unaffected embryos are available?Mon, 7 Jul 2008, 10:15:22 EDT
- Fishing for microdeletions that predispose an embryo to develop cancer syndromes in later lifeTue, 10 Mar 2009, 21:24:50 EDT
- More than bacon: Genetic alterations in pig tissue may allow for human transplantationThu, 30 Jun 2011, 13:35:58 EDT
- Twins provide clue that genetic epilepsy can originate in the embryoThu, 30 Sep 2010, 9:57:55 EDT