Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 17:30 in Earth & Climate
OXFORD, England, Feb. 21 (UPI) -- Global warming may cause permanently frozen ground to thaw over a large area of Siberia, threatening release of carbon from soils, British researchers say.
- Caves point to thawing of SiberiaThu, 21 Feb 2013, 15:34:26 EST
- Abrupt permafrost thaw increases climate threatWed, 30 Nov 2011, 17:34:58 EST
- Sunlight stimulates release of climate-warming gas from melting Arctic permafrostMon, 11 Feb 2013, 17:02:01 EST
- Bad sign for global warming: Thawing permafrost holds vast carbon poolWed, 3 Sep 2008, 11:09:11 EDT
- Biologists: Greening Arctic not likely to offset permafrost carbon releaseWed, 27 May 2009, 13:45:11 EDT