Monday, September 10, 2012 - 17:30 in Biology & Nature
BERLIN, Sept. 10 (UPI) -- A Swiss scientist says treating wood for a violin with special fungi can create a modern instrument that sounds indistinguishable from a true Stradivarius.
- Treatment with fungi makes a modern violin sound like a StradiavariusSat, 8 Sep 2012, 8:33:17 EDT
- Secrets Of Stradivarius' unique violin sound revealed, Texas A&M prof saysThu, 22 Jan 2009, 13:49:48 EST
- Researchers use CT to recreate Stradivarius violinMon, 28 Nov 2011, 17:38:56 EST
- Wood density explains sound quality of great master violinsTue, 1 Jul 2008, 21:28:25 EDT
- Some 500 scientists have created a Top 10 list of plant-damaging fungiThu, 18 Oct 2012, 14:38:12 EDT