Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 22:00 in Biology & Nature
WASHINGTON, May 24 (UPI) -- U.S. and Canadian scientists say they've discovered a sensory organ in rorquals that helps the whale species with its "big gulp" feeding technique.
- A whale of a discovery: New sensory organ found in rorqual whales Wed, 23 May 2012, 14:36:20 EDT
- Scientists discover the largest assembly of whale sharks ever recordedWed, 25 May 2011, 17:37:57 EDT
- Gray whales likely survived the Ice Ages by changing their dietsWed, 6 Jul 2011, 23:35:28 EDT
- Zoning the ocean may help endangered whales to recoverWed, 16 Dec 2009, 20:35:43 EST
- Researchers track singing humpback whales on a Northwest Atlantic feeding groundMon, 29 Apr 2013, 14:06:34 EDT