Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 17:30 in Astronomy & Space
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., May 15 (UPI) -- A NASA orbiting telescope has observed the first evidence of a supernova shock wave breaking through a cocoon of gas around the star, astronomers say.
- Supernovae of the same brightness, cut from vastly different cosmic clothThu, 23 Aug 2012, 15:38:47 EDT
- Supernova birth seen for first timeWed, 21 May 2008, 13:36:04 EDT
- Observation of X-rays from birth of supernova leads to all-out effort to record stellar deathWed, 21 May 2008, 13:36:00 EDT
- Chandra finds new evidence on origin of supernovasTue, 26 Apr 2011, 15:02:10 EDT
- Hubble observations of supernova reveal composition of 'star guts' pouring outThu, 2 Sep 2010, 14:44:49 EDT