Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 19:30 in Earth & Climate
AUSTIN, Texas, May 10 (UPI) -- The finding of a deep basin under part of the West Antarctic Ice Sheet suggests it may be at a greater risk of collapse than previously thought, scientists say.
- West Antarctic ice comes and goes, rapidlyWed, 18 Mar 2009, 14:36:58 EDT
- Antarctic octopus sheds light on ice-sheet collapseWed, 9 May 2012, 12:34:04 EDT
- Sea-level rise around North America upon collapse of Antarctic ice sheet to be higher than expectedThu, 5 Feb 2009, 14:31:38 EST
- Melting threat from West Antarctic Ice Sheet may be less than expected, could hit US hardestThu, 14 May 2009, 14:29:35 EDT
- Study shows rapid warming on the West Antarctic Ice SheetSun, 23 Dec 2012, 17:03:24 EST