Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 16:40 in Earth & Climate
NEW HAVEN, Conn., April 18 (UPI) -- A new kind of generator could supply electricity for more than a half billion people using energy from rivers flowing into oceans, U.S. researchers say.
- Rivers flowing into the sea offer vast potential as electricity sourceThu, 19 Apr 2012, 15:32:49 EDT
- Stanford researchers use river water and salty ocean water to generate electricityTue, 29 Mar 2011, 14:34:53 EDT
- First-of-its-kind study finds alarming increase in flow of water into oceansMon, 4 Oct 2010, 16:02:32 EDT
- Ancient Colorado river flowed backwardsMon, 4 Oct 2010, 10:34:45 EDT
- New battery produces electricity where freshwater meets saltwaterWed, 20 Apr 2011, 11:06:36 EDT