Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 17:30 in Earth & Climate
BOULDER, Colo., April 17 (UPI) -- Greenland's ice sheet may be sliding into the ocean faster as melt water from lakes atop the glaciers "lubricates" their slide across ground, scientists say.
- CU-Boulder study shows Greenland may be slip-sliding away due to surface lake meltMon, 16 Apr 2012, 16:34:34 EDT
- Analysis of past glacial melting shows potential for increased Greenland ice melt and sea level riseSun, 31 Aug 2008, 14:43:03 EDT
- Greenland ice cap melting faster than everThu, 12 Nov 2009, 14:47:21 EST
- Extreme melting on Greenland ice sheet, reports CCNY teamTue, 25 Oct 2011, 17:36:34 EDT
- Freshwater runoff from the Greenland Ice Sheet will more than double by the end of the centuryThu, 12 Jun 2008, 10:36:20 EDT