Monday, February 27, 2012 - 19:30 in Astronomy & Space
VIENNA, Feb. 27 (UPI) -- Scientists at a United Nations meeting in Vienna say they're keeping a close eye on a large asteroid that may pose an impact threat to Earth in a few decades.
- Avoiding an asteroid collisionMon, 13 Sep 2010, 18:28:53 EDT
- Asteroid ice may be 'living fossil' with clues to oceans' originsWed, 28 Apr 2010, 14:52:51 EDT
- Study puts solar spin on asteroid moon formationWed, 9 Jul 2008, 13:35:53 EDT
- Report examines options for detecting and countering near-Earth objectsFri, 22 Jan 2010, 11:47:35 EST
- MIT: New research suggests that near-Earth encounters can 'shake' asteroidsWed, 20 Jan 2010, 13:27:37 EST