Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 19:00 in Astronomy & Space
COLLEGE PARK, Md., Nov. 10 (UPI) -- NASA's close encounter with comet Hartley 2 found dry ice is the fuel for jets of gas and dust bursting from the comet's surface, U.S. researchers say.
- SOHO watches a comet fading awayThu, 28 Jul 2011, 17:22:02 EDT
- UMD-led EPOXI science team publishes latest comet findings in ScienceThu, 16 Jun 2011, 14:36:16 EDT
- Primordial dry ice fuels comet jetsWed, 10 Nov 2010, 17:05:29 EST
- Scientist analyzes the nucleus of comet Hartley 2 Mon, 20 Jun 2011, 9:34:05 EDT
- Spacecraft flew through 'snowstorm' on encounter with comet Hartley 2Thu, 18 Nov 2010, 13:41:21 EST