Fat may carry negative connotations in today's world, but Shayn Peirce-Cottler, an assistant professor of biomedical engineering, and Dr. Adam Katz, an associate professor of plastic surgery, have found through a series of collaborations that the stem cells found in fat tissue have considerable healing powers.
- Students embed stem cells in sutures to enhance healingMon, 20 Jul 2009, 18:49:59 EDT
- Sugary band-aid may help heal post-operative tissueMon, 31 May 2010, 15:32:24 EDT
- Stem cells found to heal damaged artery in lab studyThu, 10 Jan 2013, 19:34:53 EST
- Synthetic bone graft recruits stem cells for faster bone healingMon, 2 Aug 2010, 12:23:50 EDT
- Adult stem cells improve fracture healingMon, 16 Jun 2008, 13:35:50 EDT