One way President Barack Obama hopes to reduce soaring health care costs is through promotion of overall wellness. There's a related idea cooking in Washington: a fat tax. According to a study by experts at the Urban Institute and the University of Virginia, a 10% excise or sales tax on fattening foods could raise $522 billion over the next 10 years.
- Health care reform 'important' even to those who want new law repealedTue, 13 Apr 2010, 10:52:17 EDT
- US health care reforms should use model developed by Queen's University professorTue, 15 Mar 2011, 14:34:54 EDT
- Congressional health-care reform proposals would offer coverage to many without insuranceFri, 9 Jan 2009, 4:14:44 EST
- Educate individuals to prevent sky-rocketing health care costsWed, 7 Apr 2010, 17:44:43 EDT
- Physicians can lead health care reform through payment and delivery system reformsWed, 20 May 2009, 17:22:36 EDT