The space shuttle prototype, which never visited the stars, will rest on the deck of the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space MuseumNew Yorkers lined the city's West Side waterfront to welcome the space shuttle Enterprise as it sailed up the Hudson river on Wednesday to its new home aboard the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.The prototype space shuttle rode a barge from Jersey City, New Jersey, to the Intrepid, where it was being hoisted by crane onto the flight deck.A flotilla of vessels including a police boat, a fire department boat and a yellow taxi boat accompanied the Enterprise as it sailed past the Statue of Liberty, the World Trade Center site and other landmarks en route to the Intrepid in midtown Manhattan.The Enterprise's original move-in date was Tuesday. Organizers said Monday that bad weather had delayed preparation work. The shuttle was towed to New Jersey from Kennedy airport...
- Bone loss prevention experiment on the last space shuttle flightTue, 5 Jul 2011, 15:03:50 EDT
- Sweet potato takes a ride on space shuttleWed, 18 Feb 2009, 1:43:39 EST
- Rensselaer researchers to send bacteria into orbit aboard space shuttle AtlantisMon, 10 May 2010, 12:04:20 EDT
- Final space shuttle to carry 5 CU-Boulder-built payloadsTue, 5 Jul 2011, 20:04:12 EDT
- Hubble repair mission carrying $70 million CU-Boulder instrument on track for May 11 launchThu, 7 May 2009, 16:22:13 EDT