It's the first-ever, prompted by the runaway success of a vintage farm machinery rally in north YorkshireThe grip of the tractor on the human mind is peculiar but real. I can never shop at Morrisons in Idle without thinking of 'Tractors' – the enormous International Harvester plant which took over from Jowett Cars and was humming away when I was on the Telegraph & Argus.Pateley Bridge's toyshop is always an enjoyable sight as well. Guardian readers concerned about children playing endlessly with 'war toys' will be revived by its contents. The healthy children of upper Nidderdale clearly prefer model farm machines, combine harvesters, seed drillers and of course tractors by the yard.And now we have National Tractor Weekend, which prompts this post, following an email from Newby Hall which cautiously describes the coming event as 'a weekend with a difference'. If you have tractor fans in your family or salon...
- Tractors rolling over is top cause of agricultural deathsFri, 14 Jan 2011, 11:06:39 EST
- Improving fuel economy of tractor-trailers, buses, work trucksWed, 31 Mar 2010, 11:31:13 EDT
- Research promises healthier vegetable oil -- and tractor fuel to harvest itThu, 20 May 2010, 17:17:19 EDT
- Story tips From the Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory -- May 2009Wed, 6 May 2009, 13:32:51 EDT
- Reducing fuel consumption in medium- and heavy-duty vehiclesWed, 31 Mar 2010, 11:31:05 EDT