Jon Butterworth: Pool and particle physics in Pennsylvania, and a live blog of an LHC night shift by Mark Tibbetts.I heard a man from the tax office on the radio yesterday, apologising to people who are having trouble getting through on the phone. It was Moneybox, which comes on while I am making lunch and waiting for the News Quiz, and is more fun and interesting than the Archers anyway.It was a typical tale of frustration. Phone charges and fines mounting up,impossible to speak to anyone on the other end. It would be even more annoying if you were calling on the Vodafone network, I suppose. I began to feel a bit sorry for HMRC man. My sympathy grew when the interviewer asked him something like: "Aren't the problems because budget cuts meant you had to fire lots of staff?"I could visualise the rictus grin, as like any junior...
- ASU researchers propose new way to look at the dawn of lifeWed, 12 Dec 2012, 23:03:21 EST
- Experimental phone network uses virtual sticky notesThu, 19 Jun 2008, 13:49:28 EDT
- UF engineering researcher: Cell phones could double as night vision devicesTue, 4 May 2010, 12:22:03 EDT
- Thwarting attacks on cell phone mesh networksThu, 20 Jan 2011, 10:43:12 EST
- Night beat, overtime and a disrupted sleep pattern can harm officers' healthTue, 17 Nov 2009, 16:16:20 EST