Compiled by an ardent bibliophile, this weekly report includes the stunning book, "America's Other Audubon", also books about Antarctic paleontology, animal navigation and more that have been newly published in North America and the UKBooks to the ceiling, Books to the sky,My pile of books is a mile high.How I love them! How I need them!I'll have a long beard by the time I read them. ~ Arnold Lobel [1933-1987] author of many popular children's books. Compiled by Ian "Birdbooker" Paulsen, the Birdbooker Report is a weekly report that has been published online for years, listing the wide variety of nature, natural history, ecology, animal behaviour, science and history books that have been newly released or republished in North America and in the UK. The books listed here were received by Ian during the previous week, courtesy of various publishing houses. Featured Title: Kiser, Joy M. America's Other Audubon....
- Using digitized books as 'cultural genome,' researchers unveil quantitative approach to humanitiesThu, 16 Dec 2010, 14:37:09 EST
- Microscopic morphology adds to the scorpion family treeMon, 12 Jan 2009, 12:35:55 EST
- 'Smell of old books' offers clues to help preserve themWed, 2 Dec 2009, 19:25:24 EST
- For improving early literacy, reading comics is no child's playThu, 5 Nov 2009, 12:39:00 EST
- How does a dog walk? Surprisingly, many of us don't really knowMon, 26 Jan 2009, 13:16:17 EST