Field guides to birds of South America used by the Mystery Birds seriesI decided that I would show you the field books I am using for the Mystery Birds series and ask you which books you recommend that I add. These books cover South and Central America. I've gotten these books either by purchasing them and also as "field test" books from several publishers who were kind enough to send them to me as I prepared for a birding trip to South America. The trip fell through, but I am very interested to know which field guides you recommend for this region so I will work on adding them to the Mystery Birds library. Field Guide to the Songbirds of South America: The Passerines (Mildred Wyatt-Wold Series in Ornithology) by Robert S. Ridgely and Guy Tudor [University of Texas Press; 2009: Guardian Bookshop; Amazon UK; Amazon US] This is...
- Toxic molecule may help birds 'see' north and southMon, 22 Jun 2009, 11:14:36 EDT
- Tropical birds waited for land crossing between North and South America: UBC studyWed, 9 Dec 2009, 15:17:17 EST
- Ancient birds from North America colonized the SouthTue, 13 Jul 2010, 10:30:54 EDT
- Study finds potential climate change side effect: More parasites on South American birdsTue, 28 Sep 2010, 13:57:17 EDT
- 50 years of bird poop links DDT with changing bird menusWed, 18 Apr 2012, 15:34:37 EDT