Edward, Emilia & Co are on stage at Harrogate's former Kursaal built by great (and great-great) grandad Samson Fox, inventor of the corrugated boiler flueFox hunters can have a field day in Harrogate this weekend when pretty much the entire acting dynasty takes to the stage at the Royal Hall.Edward Fox, described by the promoters as the 'distinguished acting gent', which is spot-on, will present a collection of playlets, skits and readings with his wife Joanna David and their daughter Emilia and son Freddie.This is good going, because all our busy, with Emilia filming daily for Silent Witness and Freddie appearing nightly in Hay Fever in the West End.The get-together has robust local roots as well as thespian ones; the Royal Hall was originally known as the Kursaal, a name changed on the outbreak of the First World War because of anti-German sentiment, and was the brainchild of Edward Fox's...
- Hannover Messe: 'Good-bye, blind spot' -- man and machine always in viewTue, 22 Mar 2011, 13:32:18 EDT
- Experts question claim that Alexander the Great's half-brother is buried at VerginaWed, 8 Sep 2010, 9:39:09 EDT
- Films for façadesThu, 16 Dec 2010, 10:54:25 EST
- MRI could be used for routine surveillance of great vessel stentsTue, 21 Sep 2010, 10:30:15 EDT
- Culture in humans and apes has the same evolutionary rootsThu, 20 Oct 2011, 15:34:05 EDT