Field guides to birds of the south Pacific Ocean region used by the Mystery Birds series I decided that I would show you the field books I am using for the Mystery Birds series and ask you which books you recommend that I add. These books cover the south Pacific Ocean; Indonesia, Malaysian Borneo, East Timor, the Philippines, Brunei, and Oceania -- a region that comprises a number of subregions; Polynesia, Micronesia, Malaysia (or the Malay Archipelago), and Australasia (Melanesia). I'll be honest, this is my favourite part of the world, a part of the world I discovered as a child when reading a dusty beat-up paperback version of The Malay Archipelago lurking on the bookshelves. Alfred Russel Wallace's insightful and fascinating stories spoke to me across time and space, igniting my lifelong passion for this region; its birds, languages, landscapes, cuisines and peoples. That passion inspired me to...
- MU researcher works to save one of the world's most endangered birdsMon, 21 Mar 2011, 13:05:52 EDT
- Toxic molecule may help birds 'see' north and southMon, 22 Jun 2009, 11:14:36 EDT
- Scientists get bird's-eye view of how cuckoos fool their hostsMon, 26 Apr 2010, 15:51:36 EDT
- Why leatherback turtles linger in South Pacific Gyre, and why it mattersTue, 8 Feb 2011, 14:02:08 EST
- A bird's song may teach us about human speech disorders Thu, 8 Mar 2012, 0:33:16 EST