Out of touch with his flock, apparently ignorant of basic theological concepts, and dragging the image of Christianity through the mud; leaders like George Carey pose a far greater threat to the future of Christianity in Britain than any secularist.Some days ago I spoke to a foreign journalist who was nervous about coming to Britain. As a Christian she wore the cross around her neck; but was afraid that if she did so in Britain it could cause "trouble". Watching our country from afar, its image reflected in the fairground mirrors of the British press, she had been led to believe my nation is an intolerant country where Christians might face harassment or anger.In the real world - a world uninhabited by dragons, wizards, or vast secular conspiracies to eradicate Christianity - this is the effect that people like Lord Carey have when they conjure false images of persecution. They...
- Tomb exploration reveals first archaeological evidence of Christianity from the time of JesusTue, 28 Feb 2012, 12:22:39 EST
- Study: Christians tweet more happily, less analytically than atheistsWed, 26 Jun 2013, 16:38:09 EDT
- Study: Religious diversity increases in America, yet perceptions of Christian nation intensifyTue, 19 Oct 2010, 17:34:58 EDT
- The dual nature of dewTue, 28 Sep 2010, 13:16:57 EDT
- Cardiac risk estimates differ for Christian and Muslim patientsThu, 23 Oct 2008, 17:08:19 EDT