Death threats, intimidation and abuse: climate change scientist Michael E. Mann counts the cost of honesty
Research by Michael E. Mann confirmed the reality of global warming. Little did he know that it would also expose him to a vicious hate campaignThe scientist who has borne the full brunt of attacks by climate change deniers, including death threats and accusations of misappropriating funds, is set to hit back.Michael E. Mann, creator of the "hockey stick" graph that illustrates recent rapid rises in global temperatures, is to publish a book next month detailing the "disingenuous and cynical" methods used by those who have tried to disprove his findings. The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars is a startling depiction of a scientist persecuted for trying to tell the truth.Among the tactics used against Mann were the theft and publication, in 2009, of emails he had exchanged with climate scientist Professor Phil Jones of East Anglia University. Selected, distorted versions of these emails were then published on the...
- University of Hawaii at Manoa team going after regional climate patterns of global warmingFri, 26 Feb 2010, 9:29:31 EST
- Public misperception about scientific agreement on global warming undermines climate policy supportMon, 21 Nov 2011, 14:36:30 EST
- Ancient global warming episode holds clues to future climate, UH Manoa researcher saysThu, 16 Jul 2009, 17:25:44 EDT
- Climate balancing: Sea-level rise vs. surface temperature change ratesWed, 18 Jan 2012, 15:34:47 EST
- Berkeley Lab scientists contribute to major new report describing climate change impacts on the USTue, 16 Jun 2009, 18:07:42 EDT