Peter Gleick, a water and climate analyst, says he was blinded by his frustrations with ongoing attacks on climate scienceA leading defender of climate change admitted tricking the libertarian Heartland Institute into turning over confidential documents detailing its plans to discredit the teaching of science to school children in last week's sensational expose.In the latest revelation, Peter Gleick, a water scientist and president of the Pacific Institute who has been active in the climate wars, apologised on Monday for using a false name to obtain materials from Heartland, a Chicago-based think tank with a core mission of dismissing climate change."My judgment was blinded by my frustration with the ongoing efforts – often anonymous, well-funded and co-ordinated – to attack climate science," Gleick wrote in a piece for Huffington Post.The admission – nearly a week after Heartland's financial plans and donors' list was put online – looked set to further inflame...
- Groundwater fate and climate changeMon, 28 Jan 2013, 16:18:03 EST
- Climate Change Science Program issues report on climate modelsFri, 1 Aug 2008, 10:36:59 EDT
- Ice cores map dynamics of sudden climate changesThu, 19 Jun 2008, 15:22:13 EDT
- 255 members of the National Academy of Sciences defend climate science integrityThu, 6 May 2010, 15:12:21 EDT
- Beyond polar bears? Experts look for a new vision of climate change to combat skepticismThu, 27 May 2010, 10:08:33 EDT