When looking for new particles, the Large Hadron Collider is really a Large Quark-and-Gluon Collider. And a black Fiat Bravo is not KITT.As is not very unusual, I am writing this on a plane on the way to London from Geneva. What's rarer is that my daughter is in the seat beside me. It being half term, my family were able to join me on my semi-regular commute to CERN. I even managed to take a couple of days off to ski with them in the Jura.On ATLAS we're getting new results ready for the "Winter conferences". There is a mini conference season in late winter to early spring, though the main conferences are in the summer. The gaps between seem to get increasingly filled up with more specialist meetings too, but I suppose February and June are the two biggest sets of deadlines. We are also preparing for new...
- Boston physicists celebrate first beam for Large Hadron ColliderWed, 10 Sep 2008, 9:56:40 EDT
- Hunt for dark matter closes in at Large Hadron ColliderMon, 31 Jan 2011, 14:33:17 EST
- Large Hadron Collider set to unveil a new world of particle physicsWed, 20 Aug 2008, 9:21:59 EDT
- First results from Large Hadron Collider announcedMon, 26 Jul 2010, 13:08:54 EDT
- First beam for Large Hadron Collider, world's mightiest particle acceleratorWed, 10 Sep 2008, 18:21:40 EDT